Sorry about the lack of posts this week. First, I was sick on Monday, and then the man really started cracking the whip at the data mines when I came back to work. But I did manage to dig up some good links:
- Please welcome new blogger Ari Bookman, who will be helping me keep up the breakneck pace around here for the next year or so. Ari is a graduate fellow for TriQuarterly, plus look at his last name. I think I'm required by law to let him blog about books.
- Slow your roll on the e-book hype wagon. Here comes the backlash.
- I sort of do this already with my personal essays, but this idea for a writing prompt is genius: ask a kid to tell you a story, take notes, then write.
- "Even if a book is published or disseminated in digital form, freed from its materiality, that shaping case of the codex is the ghost in the knowledge-machine. We are the case for books."
- Touring Great Gatsby country.
- Should all writers think of their work like poets?
Have a good weekend.