Look, I know you're busy with all your last minute Columbus Day shopping, so I'll keep it short. Here are some things that caught my eye this week:
- Besides my main argument, "Because it sucks," here are a few more nuanced reasons why readers hate DRM.
- Robert Darnton argues for a national digital library not run by a company that rhymes with "doogle."
- I've always said that writing things down helps me remember things better than typing them. Now the Wall Street Journal says so too. And that's the only proof I ever need.
- Once you've hacked up all your books, here's how to take it a step further and make your own e-books.
- Are e-readers destined to become the car ice scrapers and digital photo frames of the holiday season?
- And presenting this week's Way You've Screwed Up Your Kid's Chances of Going to Harvard. Eric Carle is for dummies.
Have a good weekend.