One more week until Turkey Day and the onslaught of the holidays. So head into this last Jingle Bells-free weekend with some good reading:
- Heckuva job, George. Much like his presidency, George W. Bush appears to have bullshitted through large portions of his memoir, Decision Points.
- Oh to be famous and be able to publish even the broken shards of writing on your hard drive.
- Montaigne, the OG Blogger.
- Bad with putting names to faces? Probably because you always have your nose in a book.
- Christians debate Harry Potter, while others wonder how wizards ever learned to read.
- "Book-writing is a mean business. They're just words, but they're 100,000 words assembled in some beautiful and logical order to tell a story that keeps a reader plugging along from beginning to end."
No Friday File next week because I'll be busy wallowing in guilt over eating too much dressing and pie. Sweet and savory, gravy-sodden guilt. More links to come on December 3. Have a good weekend.