Happy December! I trust you all had a wonderful, gluttonous Thanksgiving, and are deep into celebrations for this holiest month of consumerism and catchy Mariah Carey songs. Here's a big batch of links to end the week:
- Is a rejection letter actually a second chance?
- Unlike that ill-fated day on your second-grade field trip, the specimens in this e-reader petting zoo won't bite your fingers and snatch the ice cream cone out of your hand. (via MobyLives)
- eChook? Gesundheit!
- Google promises to hit the e-book market by the end of the year.
- Michael Pietsch's letter to David Foster Wallace regarding the Infinite Jest manuscript, with footnotes, naturally.
- "A review adds the book to the universal library. That tree fell; I heard it. That’s the reason for reviewing and for reviews, really: to be sure books make a sound."
- Are modern literary novels too depressing and boring?
Have a good weekend.