Hand-crafted, artisanal links for your reading pleasure this Friday. For more quick hits during the week, follow us on Twitter.
- The Common Review has named Danny Postel as its new editor. He was previously Senior Editor of openDemocracy, a staff writer for The Chronicle of Higher Education, and an editor for the Encyclopædia Britannica online magazine.
- I can't get enough of these "What I Read" features from The Atlantic Wire.
- Stock up on toothpaste, toilet paper, and e-readers at CVS.
- The Forbes list of the 10 highest-paid authors. And now I'm off to brush up on vampires, detectives, and rogue CIA agents.
- eBookNewser sneaks a peek at the most popular highlighted passages from Kindle versions of Gary Shteyngart's Super Sad True Love Story. The pithier and funnier, the better.
- NPR takes their turn at the future of books story, and surprise, comes up with a fairly reasonable take.
Have a good weekend, and read something good.