A short work week after a vacation means I didn't get to a lot of stuff this week, but I saved the best ones just for you:
- The Wall Street Journal is launching its own book review, though I'm curious what they'll review after Who Moved My Cheese IV and Rupert Murdoch biographies.
- Sam Lipsyte answers questions about The Ask, one of my favorite books of the year.
- The problem with Google Books is that it's not very Google-like.
- Better things to do with your books than burning them.
- The opening of the David Foster Wallace archive at the University of Texas will be broadcast online on September 14.
- "Books are being replaced by reading."
- Yet more dubious brain science to scare you about e-reading.
Have a good weekend.